Here are some of the ways which can help a freelancer in finding a project easily and efficiently:
1. Freelance job websites – There are many reputed freelance job websites available online such as Elance, LimeExchange, ODesk, Guru etc. to find a freelance project . A freelancer can create his profile for Free and make use of exquisite pack of features offered by these websites. He can upload an effective portfolio and get can get real-time access to projects matching his skill sets and start making great profits.
2. Social Networking – In the current economic unrest, effective marketing using right channels can actually help in getting a freelance project. A freelancer can make use of some of the popular social networking websites like LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, myspace etc. to connect with different professionals from around the world. These platforms can help in finding potential buyers who may be in a look out for a dedicated freelancer for his project.
3. Word-of-Mouth business – Clients can get attracted towards a good feedback or rating given to a freelancer for his quality backed services. A freelancer can request an old client or a an associate to post his feedback testimonial on different forums or websites to gain word of mouth publicity which may help in getting more freelance projects.
4. Add value to online profile – In order to attract more clients and getting awarded with a freelance project, a freelancer can do some value additions to his profile. He can add complete description about his skill sets, academic qualification, work experience, work samples, audio video files to make his portfolio strong and attractive.
He can also take online skill tests provided by many freelance job websites to enhance his credibility and validate his skill set in the freelance community.
5. Increase professional competence – In the existing economic scenario companies want multi-talented people to delegate their important work assignments. It is always good for a freelance to hand more than given responsibilities. Getting hands on different fields of work can actually help in getting more freelance projects. Always attempt to learn something new every day to broaden comfort zone.
6. Stay in touch – It is important for freelancers looking for freelance projects to stay in touch with old clients or associate. Always make an effort to remain at the forefront in the minds of clients as before awarding a project to a stranger he might think of a freelancer who rendered excellent services to him. It is easy to stay in touch through different mediums such as emails, calls, social networking tools etc. Another way of keeping in touch with clients by sending them updates and latest industry events pertaining to their business domain.
I hope that these ways will help in winning good freelance projects in such tough times. Please provide us with your feedback and suggestions on the same.